- From 28 July - 7 November
- $725pp + GST (with ISV membership)
- Online and in person
This blend of in-person and online sessions is designed to support the development of an effective coaching program in schools. Meeting at key points throughout the semester will enable participants to gain a deep understanding of coaching and how the practice can be embedded in their own unique context.
Participants will firstly connect to the key drivers of School Improvement through research, anecdote and case study. Following this, the presenters will share how a coaching approach to school improvement can lead to an improved school culture: one where there is support but also clarity. Participants will see evidence of a coaching culture in action through video as well as other work samples. They will be connected to approaches that embed and enable a coaching culture to flourish including the major milestones over a 3-year period. Finally, there will be a plenary for participants to ask questions.
“Coaching done well may be the most effective intervention designed for human performance.” – Atul Gawande. Professor at Harvard Medical School and CEO of Haven, the Amazon, Berkshire Hathaway, and JPMorgan Chase health care venture
“Very impressed by the Crowther presentation. Thoroughly enjoyable and beneficial to me as a teacher but more so a human.” – Workshop Participant
This learning event supports creating best practice toward meeting the following VRQA standard(s):
- Curriculum and Student Learning – Student learning outcomes
- The minimum standards for schools offering a senior secondary course – Student learning outcomes
- The minimum standards for schools offering a senior secondary course – Teaching and learning
- understanding of the evidence base for instructional coaching
- knowledge of the next steps to develop your coaching culture
- understanding of a school wide system that supports coaching and teacher development
- identification of where your school is at on the journey towards a coaching culture
- knowledge of how to use data to reliably track progress towards coaching goals
- artefacts including coaching scripts, instructional playbook and tools to measure coaching impact.
- Dr Mark Dowley
- Dr Ray Swann
- Raelene Plozza
- Ollie Lovell
Dates and Fees
This learning event is right for you if you are interested in using a coaching approach to improve the outcomes for your students and want a supported and sustained program to help you implement it successfully.
- Day One: Thursday 28 July 2022, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm in person at ISV
- Day Two: Tuesday 23 August 2022, 4.00 pm to 5.30 pm (subject to group discussion)
- Day Three: Monday 17 October 2022, 4.00 pm to 5.30 pm (subject to group discussion)
- Day Four: Monday 7 November 2022, 4.00 pm to 5.30 pm (subject to group discussion)
Price: $725 ($1450 Non-ISV members) excl. GST
A blend of face to face and online – for the online components a Zoom link will be provided 24 hours prior to the event.
This program is presented via Independent Schools Victoria.
Contact Deb Carmichael from ISV for groups of three or more for discount pricing.