- 15-16 Nov 2019
- Wellbeing Centre, Brighton Grammar
Join us for this Parent Workshop with leading psychologist and parenting expert, Megan De Beyer. The workshop will be held over 2 days commencing Friday, 15 November from 4-6.30pm and Saturday, 16 November from 9am-5pm.
Although there will be general information useful for parents of all boys, this workshop will have a focus on parents of teenage boys.
A light lunch and refreshments will be served. A full program can be found on Megan’s website. Please note that you must attend both days to participate in the program. Be quick as places are limited.
This workshop, which is part-funded by the School, covers topics for mothers to unpack, such as: communication, good relationships, how to manage change, conscious parenting and dealing with your son’s emotions (including anger).
- Being a teen and the struggle for his way
- Communication – reaching him in his silence.
- A son’s demand for more freedom and a mother’s role.
- Masculinity, gender differences and testosterone defines a male.
- Good relationships with ‘self’, community and the environment.
- Sex, drugs, parties and social media – how to mentor.
- Conscious parenting – your past and present.
- Tackling boys’ emotions – your anger and his.
2019 SMSS Program
4.00pm: Tea, Registration and Welcome.
4.15pm: Intro to Conscious Parenting & Reflective Worksheets.
4.45pm: Masculinity & a Mom’s Guide to Testosterone Q & A.
5.15pm: Tea, light snack & fruit.
5.30pm: Male Mental Health and Adolescent Development.
9.15am: Impact of Substances and Video Material.
10–10.30am: Tea & snack.
10.30am: Being intentional, mindful presence and values as coaching tools.
11.30am: Social Life: Boys’ Emotions & Sexuality.
1.30pm: Social Media and Screen Time.
2.30pm: Communication Skills & Exercises.
3.30–5.00 pm: Q&A: Masculinity and Raising boys incl. Parenting Styles, Intentions and Commitments.
Dates and Fees
This event is open to BGS and non-BGS parents.
Friday, 15 November 4pm–6.30pm and Saturday, 16 November, 9.00am–5.00pm
$200 for BGS parents and $250 for non-BGS parents.
View the full workshop program.
Please Cherie Harrington on (03) 8591 2208